I am a Postdoctoral Research Assistant at the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Bristol, UK.
Prior to joining University of Bristol, I was a postdoctoral researcher with the ICube laboratory, at the University of Strasbourg. I received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science in 2015 from the same university. Previously, I received my M.Sc. in Telematics Engineering from University Carlos III of Madrid in 2012 and my B.Sc. in Computer Science from Alexander T.E.I. of Thessaloniki in 2011.
My research interests span primarily in the area of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) and Internet of Things (IoT). I am mainly working on the design and development of energy efficient and low delay algorithms for the Medium Access Control (MAC) and routing layers under mobility and dynamic traffic assumptions.
- January 2016, our article "Performance Evaluation Methods in Ad-Hoc and Wireless Sensor Networks: A Literature Study" has been eventually published @ IEEE Communications Magazine.
- January 2016, I moved to University of Bristol, UK, where I will continue as a Postdoctoral Research Assistant.
- October 2015, I was invited to give a talk, entitled "Can experiments lead to scientific results?" at Equipex FIT IoT-LAB Workshop @ FUN - Inria Lille.
- October 2015, our paper "Optimizing the Handover Delay in Mobile WSNs" has been accepted for publication at
- October 2015, our paper "Distributed Adaptive Scheme for Reliable Data Collection in Fault Tolerant WSNs" has been accepted for publication at IEEE WF-IoT.
- September 2015, I defended my Ph.D. thesis. The manuscript will be available soon.
- June 2015, our demo paper "Live Adaptations of Low-power MAC Protocols" has been accepted to ACM MobiCom'15.
- April 2015, our article "Performance Evaluation Methods in Ad-Hoc and Wireless Sensor Networks: A Literature Study" has been accepted for publication at IEEE Communications Magazine.
- April 2015, our article "Wireless Medium Access Control under Mobility and Bursty Traffic Assumptions in WSN" has been accepted for publication at Springer MONET.
- October 2014, our paper "Enhancing ContikiMAC for Bursty Traffic in Mobile Sensor Networks" has been selected as Best Student Paper Award @ Sensor Networks Track in IEEE Sensors'14.
- July 2014, our paper "Toward a Packet Duplication Control for Opportunistic Routing in WSNs" has been accepted to IEEE Globecom'14.
- June 2014, our paper "T-AAD: Lightweight Traffic Auto-ADaptations for Low-power MAC Protocols" has been selected as Best Paper Award in IEEE IFIP Med-Hoc-Net'14.
Take a look at my résumé.