I am an Associate Professor at the IMT Atlantique in Rennes, FRANCE.
Prior to joining IMT Atlantique, I was a Research Associate at the University of Bristol, and a Postdoctoral Researcher Engineer at the University of Strasbourg.
I received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science in 2015 from the University of Strasbourg. Previously, I received my M.Sc. in Telematics Engineering from University Carlos III of Madrid in 2012 and my B.Sc. in Computer Science from Alexander T.E.I. of Thessaloniki in 2011.
My research interests span primarily in the area of Internet of Things (IoT), Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs), Low-Power Wide-Area Network (LPWAN), and Smart Grid. I am especially interested in energy efficient and low delay algorithms for the Medium Access Control (MAC), 6TiSCH, and routing layers, mobility management, congestion control, fault-tolerant networks.
- Postdoc fellow position (18 months) on 6TiSCH, TSCH and RPL. Interested candidates,
please e-mail a detailed CV to mgeorgios.papadopoulos [at] imt-atlantique [dot] fr
- 28-01-2017: Two papers "Leapfrog Collaboration: Toward Determinism and Predictability in Industrial-IoT applications" and "Is Local Blacklisting Relevant in Slow Channel Hopping Low-Power Wireless Networks?" have been accepted to IEEE ICC 2017, Paris.
- 21-12-2016: I am Co-Chairing the Workshops at IEEE ISCC 2017.
- 19-12-2016: Our poster "4th Industrial Revolution: Toward Deterministic Wireless Industrial Networks" to be presented at ACM EWSN 2017.
- 02-12-2016: Our abstract "Controlled Replication for Higher Reliability and Predictability in Industrial IoT Networks" has been accepted to Dependability Competition, ACM EWSN 2017.
- 03-10-2016: Our paper "Guard Time Optimisation and Adaptation for Energy Efficient Multi-hop TSCH Networks" has been accepted to IEEE WF-IoT'16.
- 26-09-2016: Our Book Chapter "From Architecture to Networking in Smart Grid Systems" has been accepted to John Wiley.
- 06-09-2016: Two papers "Guard Time Optimisation for Energy Efficiency in IEEE 802.15.4-2015 TSCH Links" and "BMFA: Bi-Directional Multicast Forwarding Algorithm for RPL-based 6LoWPANs" have been accepted to EAI InterIoT 2016, Paris.
- 05-09-2016: Our article "Low-Power Neighbor Discovery for Mobility-Aware Wireless Sensor Networks" has been listed in Most Downloaded Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks Articles , in the last 90 days.
- 18-08-2016: Our paper "Importance of Repeatable Setups for Reproducible Experimental Results in IoT" has been accepted to ACM PE-WASUN'16.
- 13-08-2016: Our paper "Experimental Validation of a Distributed Self-Configured 6TiSCH with Traffic Isolation in Low Power Lossy Networks" has been accepted to ACM MSWiM'16.
- 02-07-2016: Our paper "A Mobility-Supporting MAC Scheme for Bursty Traffic in IoT and WSNs" has been accepted to IEEE GLOBECOM'16.
- 01-06-2016: I moved to Télécom Bretagne, Rennes, France, where I will continue as an Associate Professor.
- 24-05-2016: Our article "Low-Power Neighbor Discovery for Mobility-Aware Wireless Sensor Networks" has been accepted for publication at Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks.
- 03-05-2016: Our poster paper "Impact of Guard Time Length on IEEE 802.15.4e TSCH Energy Consumption" has been accepted to IEEE SECON 2016.
- 29-04-2016: Congrats to Vasileios Kotsiou for his enrolment as Ph.D. candidate at the ICube lab, University of Strasbourg.
- 21-04-2016: Recipient of the Best Ph.D. Thesis Award (Prix de thèses) granted by the University of Strasbourg.
- 22-02-2016: My Ph.D. thesis "Improving Medium Access for Dynamic Wireless Sensor Networks" has been eventually published @ HAL.
- 01-01-2016: I moved to University of Bristol, UK, where I will continue as a Postdoctoral Research Associate.
- 14-10-2015: I was invited to give a talk, entitled "Can experiments lead to scientific results?" at Equipex FIT IoT-LAB Workshop @ FUN - Inria Lille.
- 09-10-2015: Our paper "Optimizing the Handover Delay in Mobile WSNs" has been accepted to IEEE WF-IoT.
- 09-10-2015: Our paper "Distributed Adaptive Scheme for Reliable Data Collection in Fault Tolerant WSNs" has been accepted to IEEE WF-IoT.
- 28-09-2015: I defended my Ph.D. thesis.
- 04-06-2015: Our demo paper "Live Adaptations of Low-power MAC Protocols" has been accepted to ACM MobiCom'15.
- 28-04-2015: Our article "Performance Evaluation Methods in Ad-Hoc and Wireless Sensor Networks: A Literature Study" has been accepted for publication at IEEE Communications Magazine.
- 31-01-2015: Our article "Wireless Medium Access Control under Mobility and Bursty Traffic Assumptions in WSN" has been accepted for publication at Springer MONET.
- 28-10-2014: Our paper "Enhancing ContikiMAC for Bursty Traffic in Mobile Sensor Networks" has been selected as Best Student Paper Award @ Sensor Networks Track in IEEE SENSORS'14.
- 01-07-2014: Our paper "Toward a Packet Duplication Control for Opportunistic Routing in WSNs" has been accepted to IEEE GLOBECOM'14.
- 04-06-2014: Our paper "T-AAD: Lightweight Traffic Auto-ADaptations for Low-power MAC Protocols" has been selected as Best Paper Award in IEEE IFIP Med-Hoc-Net'14.
Take a look at my résumé.